We are a small, woman-owned business with dedicated employees.
Our mission is prevention, our passion is caring. Our goal is to prevent falls related to improper foot function, or incidents that could have been avoided with astute nursing care.
If you are the type of nurse who likes to apply your nursing knowledge to provide hands-on care and education to patients, to support health and wellness in homes and in clinics, this might be a great career for you. Foot Care is not an emergency but it is important to our patients.
No nights, or weekends required, and there is some ability for a flexible schedule.
FootCare by Nurses, LLC is looking to hire part time and full time visiting nurses (24 hours/week
or more). Demand for our services is increasing exponentially and this is a great opportunity to grow with our company.
We are a small, woman-owned business with dedicated employees. Our mission is prevention,
our passion is caring. Our goal is to prevent falls, related to improper foot function, or incidents
that could have been avoided with astute nursing care, integrated therapies, and a holistic point of view. If you are a registered nurse who likes to apply your nursing knowledge to provide hands-on care and education to patients, to support health and wellness in homes and in clinics, this might
be a great career for you. Foot care is not an emergency but it is important to our patients.
No nights, weekends, or holidays required, and there is some ability for a flexible schedule.
This job requires you to go into people’s homes and do a lot of driving.
Some of the Essential Job Functions include the following:
- Assume responsibility and accountability for the practice of professional nursing
in accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act and standards for community/home health nursing.
- Perform comprehensive assessments of patient status, including falls risks, physical, effects of medications, psychosocial, cultural and environmental parameters.
- Consider the physical, psychological, and socioeconomic needs of the patient and tailor the plan of care to those parameters and abilities.
- Assess coping strategies, support system, and learning needs of client/caregivers.
- Support patient wellness through sharing of nursing knowledge.
- Develop and implement individualized plans of care that incorporate analysis of data and current best practice guidelines.
- Direct, plan and initiate appropriate actions independently and responsively in home care and clinic settings.
- Provide skilled nursing interventions aimed at achieving realistic patient outcomes within a specified time period.
- Identify problems that may be resolved, diminished or prevented through nursing and/or interdisciplinary intervention.
- Communicate with the patient’s health care and support team.
- Modify and update the plan of care to reflect progress towards goals.
- Provide education to the public and nursing peers through talks, table tops and outreach
- Promote personal safety and a safe environment for patients, families and team members.
- Maintain established agency, policies and procedures, objectives, confidentiality, quality improvement program, compliance, safety, infection control and environmental standards.
- Follow agency protocols and contribute to the organization by helping design and implement best practices.
- Recognize and respond appropriately to potentially unsafe situations.
- Assess the safety of the patient’s environment and take initiative to prevent accidents and promote safety.
- Participate in developing the science of foot care.
- Precept others who want to learn this skill.
- Work with support staff to solve problems and give accolades.
- Consistently demonstrate and maintain competency with skills according to
professional and legal scope of practice.
- Participate in all mandatory safety education per Agency policy.
- Maintain professional growth and development through attendance at seminars, workshops, conferences or in-services, professional affiliations or journals to stay abreast of current trends in field of expertise.
- Meet annual competency and retraining requirements.
- Maintain any certifications required for this position.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Perform other functions/duties as requested.
- Timeliness and strong person-centered organizational skills.
- Strong logistical talent including organization, navigation and communication using technology platforms.
- Work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Have good eye hand coordination and a desire to use hands-on techniques, and power tools, to enhance skin integrity, improve range of motion and quality of life.
- Demonstrate safe and competent practice in the use of equipment according to agency standards of practice.
- Be able to manage a caseload including routing and scheduling for work-life balance.
A compassionate, kind, caring attitude that puts the people we take care of first. Home care, visiting nursing experience is a benefit but new nurses who know they want to take care of people in the community, not just do procedures, should apply. Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts required. Current CPR certification required. Current driving license, own reliable, insured car required.
Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills required. Demonstrated ability to engage in discussions with patients/families about serious illness, quality of life and functional well-being. Demonstrated organizational and time management skills required. Ability to use technology (computers and ipads). A love of driving back country roads. The ability to sit on the floor and work with feet, while attending to the person attached to those feet. Ability to adapt to different environments. Demonstrated knowledge, and understanding of chronic disease case management, with an ability to identify and treat signs and symptoms of the same–including competency in pain and symptom management required. Online and hands-on training in foot care will be provided by FootCare by Nurses, with a certification exam to be completed within 45 days.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com